Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hump Day!

Good gosh I suck at this blogging thing. Sorry to my 5 followers lol. I have neglected my poor lil blog for a solid 2 weeks :( how can I ever make it up?!
Anyway, so many things to talk about so little time. I will try to break it up into sections.

Vacation-It went great & my son turned 14 :( and had a good birthday (I hope!) until we drove home and got in a wreck in Texas booooo. We went to Sea World-it was great BUT super hot & super duper expensive. I'm now ready to start preparing for Disney :)

Back to school-we are about 85% ready for back to school :( I hate that I am going to have a Freshmen and a 4th grader. Where did the time go!? Why do I no longer have babies!? *sigh* They need haircuts & shoes at this point. Thank God they won't be sitting at home all day watching TV and playing PS3. I just feel like they should be doing something more productive, but the truth is 1. It's summer! 2. It's almost over 3. I'm not home, so how I can I reallly make them do something productive, I sure wasn't productive during my summers (well, I was more than they are-but really didn't have a schedule or things I had to do besides keep the house clean til mom got home) so, let them be lazy for while-it's almost over! :)

Electric bills-SUCK!!!! We have been having triple digit weather. My dear, dear,dear 14 y/o took it upon himself to change the thermostat from AUTO to ON for a week. This cost me almost $200 for ONE week of electricity. YES, he is still alive but he is now broke (yes, this mean mama took his $40)

Weight loss-I am down to 193. I am sick of the 90s but grateful at the same time. A year ago, I wouldn't have imagined I would be under 200. I def feel like the losses have slowed, but I also notice that when I am exercising and keeping my carb intake low-it picks up and then some! Love my sleeve :)

New products- Recently, I have decided I need to branch out and try products to make it easier to reach my protein goal (60). 3 products I have tried:

Oh Yeah! protein shake (Strawberries n Cream)-one word describes this AMAZING!!! And 32 g of protein. Now, it is expensive, but this is one case where you totally get what you pay for :) It tasted like strawberry quick (sp?) Yum yum yum!

Jay Robb protein powder-Now this one I had tried before (years ago, way before surgery during one of my Low carb phases)-it is also quite pricey. It is very high quality protein and more "natural" than some. They use Stevia which is better for us (as in not a man made sugar substitute-more like real sugar). The only thing about Stevia, is it can be a little on the bitter side. I tried the Pina Colada flavor. It was pretty good. It is also pretty high in protein (25g) for a packet. I mixed w/skim milk (which I am on the fence about milk. I like the added protein, but 18 carbs!? for milk and I don't even LIKE milk ewww but it adds 13g protein to the shake). I know some wls patient's are not carbaphobes, but I know me and I know that carbs do not like me pre-wls or post-wls. I wish this were not the case, but it just is. Anyway, I'm getting off the subject here (hence the name of this blog...ADD!). The shakes are definately tolerable, even tastey. I just wish I didn't taste the bitterness of the Stevia... :( I may keep a few packets of these at work for a quick emergency lunch, but not sure that I will invest in a large quantities.

PowerCrunch bars-Yum,yum,yummy!!!! OMG, I could def see these becoming a problem if I buy too many. I don't have one in front of me, to give you #'s...I bought the peanut butter creme & the cookies and cream! WOW! Knock your socks off good. I believe they are 10 carbs, 13-14g of protein (I double checked and this is correct). They really are bomb.com people! They are a little pricey, so I don't think I will be buying large quantities...maybe a couple here and there.

School- Ok, this girl hates math. No, really,really really HATES it. It is so not my cup of tea. My current class is Business Math and TBH I am really hanging on my the skin of my teeth! It's a 5 wk class, and this is week 5. I hope I make it out alive and that I pass *starts praying for mercy*

Apartment life-I'm so sick of my home as it is right now. It desperately needs some assistance by way of decluttering and decorating. I have several items needing paint right now. I bought a cute little side table at a garage sale last week for $2.50 (LOVE) it's going to be awesome. I think he is going to be black and is going to go in my oldest son's room. I have also decided that spending crap loads of $ on furniture is not going to happen in my home-probably ever. Maybe a couch when I buy a home. I would much rather buy quality, real wood, old school furniture on the CHEAP and just make it fabulous on my own. I have been procrastinating in this area b/c I am a perfectionist and I don't want it to look crappy. But, I have to take some chances. So, my goal is to make it to home depot w/my mom this week or weekend to buy all the stuff I need. I have quite a collection of Krylon spray paint & it needs to be put to use! I will be adding pics as I complete projects, but don't expect anything magical :) I am a newbie!

Well, I'm sure I could bore you w/more mundane areas of my life, but I will end this now! I hope between homework,housework,projects, football, back to school,work, etc I can do better! Have a fabulous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment