Monday, September 17, 2012

Back on track

Ok so I am not doing so hot with weight loss. To review...I had VSG on 12/29/10. I started out at 279...my lowest weight has been 172...my doc started me on Lexapro...and my weight has been going up ever since. While I do believe that the Lex has SOMETHING to do with it....I know that I have slid off the grid with my eating,water,and exercise. My weight is up..last I checked it was 189.5 :( I hung out at 179 FOREVER...now it's up 10 more lbs. My weight loss goal was 159 (to be at a even 120). I have made several futile attempts at low carbing. It works for me, I feel so much better doing it...but for some reason I feel compuslively drawn to carbs. Ugh...like an addict drawn to alcohol, heroin,crack,whatever. I start out doing well...then for some odd reason...I run to the junk...it's stupid and it pisses me off. I haven't come this far to turn back now. I am tired of sabotaging myself....I want this! And I don't want my pants getting all tight (like they are now that it's getting cooler and I can't wear dresses as much!)

My plan of action:
5 DPT...(found at http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html)

Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding. Read more.
Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy. Read more.

Day 4: Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more.
Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game
Read more.

After day 5, I will check my weight and try to stick with the basics until I reach my original goal. The basics means:
Protein first
At least 60 grams of protein
One shake per day
30 carbs or less
Half my weight in water (95oz Good Lord!)
Exercise 30 min per day 5 days per week (cardio)
Weight training 2-3 days per week
No slider foods

I have to remember the habits that got me to almost 300lbs to begin with...why would I EVER want to go back to that life? Hating the way I look and feel, shopping in plus sizes, feeling insecure all the time, hoping pics turned out decent and half the time they didn't...I don't want that life. I want to feel GOOD about myself and my accomplishments....This is doable and well within my control.





No comments:

Post a Comment