Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day.

Well, I'm already slacking as you can see on this here blog. But, I'm here now :) a few things have happened since I last blogged, and a few things that should be happening haven't happened.

-Fathers Day. Shocked as hell, I saw my DAD on Father's Day. I really couldn't tell you the last time I spend any time w/my dad, let alone on father's day. Actually, I could tell you...it was about 4 years ago when my grandmother died. My dad was not himself. You see, he is a drug addict. I was very angry w/my dad up to this point....but once I saw the sad state of affairs of his life-I was oddly no longer angry. I feel sorry for him, and I wished he could get his life together. I wish we could have a relationship because, I was a daddy's girl. Well guess what!? My dad is clean. He says he has been clean for 2 years. I hope it stays. One thing bothers me though...and that is the fact that one of the 12 steps is making ammends with those you have hurt. I for one, am one of the people he has hurt & he never attempted to make any ammends w/me. So, I just have to accept this situation for what it is. Another sad detail of this saga is this: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Okla-man-pleads-guilty-to-27-years-of-theft-1369995.php

My dad made headlines. I am not proud. He could spend the rest of his natural life in a federal prison. It doesn't seem to phase him. In a way, I can understand why. What can he do about it now? Absolutely nothing, so why be upset about it I guess? I know that I would be falling to pieces...but, he is not. I don't get it, but I still love my dad. I wish he would change and seek relationships w/us...maybe he will. Maybe he won't. All I know is I am no longer angry, just disappointed. I will pray for him, like my Grandma always told me to.

My car- The a/c broke down on me again :( and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet. Yuck! Luckily, the weather is a little cooler today...I welcomed that for sure :)

Weight loss-this is what really hasn't happened. I swear my body is fighting against being in the 1's. It hates me. My 6 mos postop appointment will be next Wednesday, so I am going to get my butt in gear to be well into the 1's by next week. Low carb or go home is my motto! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment