Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Coupons, saving money, etc.

Ok, so one thing I haven't brought up here has been couponing. I went to a coupon class last year around September I believe? I was soooo gung ho! I went to the store multiple times per week, bought several papers on Saturday (early bird edition, didn't want to miss out on my coupons)...happily cut up and filed all my coupons, printed my lists and off I went to the store. Fast forward to June 2011. I still love coupons, I still love saving money, I still love my coupon blogs (I try to only visit about 3 of them, because it gets overwhelming trying to keep up w/all of the "deals") BUT isn't there always a but? I have been slacking lately on couponing. With the popularity of shows (Like TLC's Extreme Couponing), the store shelves are being cleaned out before you can say, "did that coupon double?". It has become rather frustrating to me to get allllll my coupons gathered up, lists printed, out the door, etc only to find all the stuff is already gone! Now, granted-my store allows you to get rainchecks-but it's all a hassle. But, I know that I know that I know that I SAVE soooooo much $ when I find the time to do it.

I have also discovered the beauty of Aldi. Now, in my area there are two Aldi's but the one that is most convenient to me is in.....well, the not so good part of town so I try to go early on Saturday. The store is a very simple layout, nice cashiers, and cheap produce! Just don't forget to take your own bag/box to take your items home. Also, if you want a basket, you will need a quarter. You get your quarter back upon returning the basket which I forgot to do last time I went darn it. Last week, I went and spent $30. I came out w/2 cantaloupes, 1 carton of strawberries, whole pineapple,bag of apples, bananas, 2 avacados,1 mango,gallon of milk, 2 peaches,several plums,red grapes (2lbs), nesquick (bc my kids were with me begging of course!), a bag of baby carrots, bacon (did not like this btw, but I tried), I think that is everything. I usually buy produce,milk, and paper plates there. This week, $30 was the most I have ever spent there. Usually it is way under $20 for fresh fruit and veggies! I believe that last time I went, I spend $12 & got a great deal of stuff as well. I love Aldi! Try it some time.
To end this, I am going to try to get back on track w/my couponing. It is crucial to my family budget to save $ where I can. I took FPU a few weeks ago, and I feel like my steam is gone. I need to get back on track w/budgeting, couponing, being frugal period. I will be blogging about this in the next few weeks to come :) I am off to listen to the Casey Anthony trial...I can't stand Baez! UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment